Two DW Synchronization Server instances by mistake.

Hi!

I experienced the symptoms described in KB2771934 and ran the suggested script. It did not make a difference so I continued looking and found out that it was a firewall problem instead. However, now Ive ended up with two instances of "Data Warehouse Synchronization Server". How can I delete one of them and which one should I delete?

I was fooled when looking for the instances before running the script, I looked for "Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouseSynchronizationServer" which turned out zero, instead of the correct one "DataWarehouse Synchronization Server" and therefore thought the KB applied to me....

Regards
Peter

August 28th, 2013 12:38pm

Peter,

same here... any findings on your side?

Cheers,

Patrick

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 4th, 2013 3:03pm

Hi!

Since I did not get any help here, Ive opened a case. The current result is that Ive essentially got the following action plan:

"Restore the OperationsManager Database from the previous backup before we ran the Script"

I dont like it... but the case is not closed yet.

Regards

Peter

October 4th, 2013 3:15pm

Definitely not the prefered way... maybe you can let us know any updates on that?

Thanks,

Patrick

October 4th, 2013 3:22pm

Sure!

/Peter

October 4th, 2013 3:23pm

Too bad that there is no discovery for that class. So you can't disable it by override and further SCOMDisabledClassInstance does not work.

My idea is to override the monitors/rules targeted to all instances of that class that are there by accident. Hopefully there are no workflows running in the background... will search the DB for entries.

/patrick

October 4th, 2013 4:27pm

Hi, to closed this thread I would just like to share that the solution back then had to be a restore of the db.
/Peter
  • Marked as answer by LTHPETER Friday, February 13, 2015 1:59 PM
February 13th, 2015 4:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics