Trying to update my pivot table with powershell

I'm trying to automate a Pivot Table update. I put outputs in the code so you can see what I'm trying to update and with
what values. I have a request to have them auto updated so users don't have to change shipdate and do a refresh. Can this be done with a Powershell script? I posted in PS forum and they suggested I try here..

To

$date = 2015-09-07

From

$dispshp = [DATE].[Ship Date].&[2015-09-01]

Update:

$workSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("[DATE].[Ship Date]").CurrentPageName=$sdate

#Set the file path (can be a network location) $filePath = "C:\shipment.xls" #Create the Excel Object $excelObj = New-Object -ComObject Excel.Application #Make Excel visible. Set to $false if you want this done in the background $excelObj.Visible = $true #Open the workbook $workBook = $excelObj.Workbooks.Open($filePath) #Focus on the top row of the "Data" worksheet #Note: This is only for visibility, it does not affect the data refresh $workSheet = $workBook.Sheets.Item("Customer") $sdate= "{0:yyyy-MM-dd}" -f (Get-Date) # '2012-08-30 $sdate $workSheet.Select() $dispshp = $worksheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("[DATE].[Ship Date]").CurrentPageName #$workSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("[DATE].[Ship Date]").CurrentPageName=$sdate $dispshp #Refresh all data in this workbook $workBook.RefreshALL() #Save any changes done by the refresh $workBook.Save() #Uncomment this line if you want Excel to close on its own $excelObj.Quit()

This is the error it throws...

Xcel pops up and display's message:

XML for Analysis Parser

The restriction value provided by the consumer does not match other restrictions or refers to an unkown object.

The PS error:
Exception setting "CurrentPageName": "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC"
At C:\powershell\pivot_table_refresh.ps1:25 char:3
+   $workSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFields("[DATE].[Ship Date]").CurrentPageName =  ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CatchFromBaseAdapterSetValueTI

September 8th, 2015 8:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics