Trying to uninstall Hyper-V and it keeps failing to uninstall - Windows 10

I'm having a lot of issues getting my Windows Phone Emulators and the virtual network switches to work in Hyper-V... So I figured I'd try to uninstall it then reinstall it. While it tries to uninstall the Hyper-V Services it fails and has to roll back... Here is the exception message from the log file

2015-09-13 02:30:07, Error      [0x01805b] CSI    00000149 (F) Failed execution of queue item Installer: Network Drivers ({a111f280-5923-47c0-9a68-d0bafb577901}) with HRESULT HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED).  Failure will not be ignored: A rollback will be initiated after all the operations in the installer queue are completed; installer is reliable[gle=0x80004005]

Originally I was trying a fix I found on SO which involved removing the "Internal Adapter" used by the windows phone emulators and then re-adding it, but that kept failing with some odd INVALID CLASS ID error... So I figured why don't I just uninstall and reinstall the thing.... :-/  but that isn't working either

• Edited by shaen 13 hours 15 minutes ago
September 13th, 2015 1:47pm

You could try from a safe mode without networking boot. Otherwise you may need to clean install it.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 3:12pm

I went into "system configuration" and set it to safe mode boot and it still gave me the same exception after trying to uninstall it from a safe mode boot :-(

September 13th, 2015 3:34pm

I'd try Safe Mode minimal. If no joy you have some restore options.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If no go, then I'd clean install it.

September 13th, 2015 3:41pm

Yeaaaaaaaa   That's the one I used :-/

Maybe I'll install some insider builds for the heck of it see if that brings any random magic :-x

Then just do a clean install :-)

Thank you for the replies

September 13th, 2015 3:49pm

You're welcome.

September 13th, 2015 3:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics