Trust Relation Fail between XP and 2003 WIHOUT Domain
1.What has happened before the change of normal behaviour? Any updates, new computers in network, any install or change of configuration? 2. What gives nbtstat function, I mean what is the response? Change of primary browser can make problems. 3. You can delete the cache with nbtstat -RR and see if something happens. Be aware of the rules that control the role of browser. 4. Equal user credentials and related rights settings are on all computers (local and target) 5. You are using legacy ports 137-139 6. Have you lowered the security level of authentication to cover this large span of operating systems "LAN Manager authentication level" Regards Milos
December 25th, 2011 6:48am

Hi Milos Puchta, 1) Symantec antivurus try to update but due to the HDD capacity full, it fail. Beside that, nth change had made on the windows 2003. 2) nbtstat able to work. only IE in this windows 2003 3) after clear the cache, it still the same. 4) the username n password already set the same. Funny thing here is, for XP's pc, as long i go to set the "network password" (which is credential setting for win7) in User account, then it will work like normal for access shared file in windows2003. 5) i'm not too sure on what you mean in this 1, mind to come out more detail? 6) i try to switch all the 4 option, but, it still the same... basically, up till now the problem still haven solve. hope there is more to help on this, thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 7:28pm

ok, here i solve my problem... 1) rejoin the windows 2003 to domain and workgroup. (before this, i rejoin only XP, win7, win98 and result is not working)...
December 26th, 2011 2:01am

For my current environment, i have win98, winXP, win7 and win2003. There is NO domain for the network, win2003 having the local account that allow win98 and winXP for access shared file(account name and password is the same for both side). All the time, there is no problem for the sharing. Till today, when user try to access from winXP or win98 to win2003, it pop up the message "the trust relation between this workstation and the primary domain failed".. All win98 and winXP is under Workgroup A. i try to rejoin the Workgroup(as online solution told) but it still having the same problem. For winXP, i found a solution which is adding the "network password" at the User account. and it solve the problem. I check on the windows 2003 event log.. on the security tab.. seem all local account login will turn to "anonymous" instead of "userA" login as the login name.. Anyone know about how to solve this? PLS help....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 26th, 2011 2:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics