Trouble with newly created admin accounts on 2 workgroup Server 2008 machines
We have a webserver and a database server running windows server 2008 r2. Both of these machines are not part of our domain (they are workgroup machines). On both machines I created admin accounts. Both accounts are in the administrator's group. For some reason I am unable to map network drive to either of those servers using those admin accounts. I am able to map using the local admins just fine. I eliminated password as an issue because I am able to RDP to both servers using the newly created admin accounts. When I try to map a drive, the login window just keeps returning as if the password were incorrect. Firewall is not an issue because I am able to map using the local admin accounts. Any ideas?
March 31st, 2011 10:38am

As a user name have you tried adding the server name such as Server1\UserName for the workgroup servers? As you would domain\username in a domain?Rob Williams
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2011 3:17pm

As a user name have you tried adding the server name such as Server1\UserName for the workgroup servers? As you would domain\username in a domain? Rob Williams Yes. Same results.
March 31st, 2011 3:51pm

Hi Customer, By default, Windows 2008 prevent local accounts from accessing administrative shares through the network. You could open share folder by manual or add one registry entry to enable administrative shares. administrative share on a Windows Vista-based computer from another Windows Vista-based computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947232Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2011 5:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics