Trouble setting up azure site recovery - Deploying Configuration Server step

Our company was just approved for the preview of azure site recovery for VMware. However we have been using azure for about a year now and have 30 machines currently running. We also have two networks configured within azure as well.

I am following this document to try to get things up and running.

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/site-recovery-vmware-to-azure/

Currently I am on step 2, deploying the configuration server however when I try to deploy the server it does not work. I can enter the name of the server, username and password however when it asks me to pick an azure network the drop down list is blank. Its like the setup doesnt see our existing two networks. I have made sure that the recovery vault is in the same region as our existing virtual machines and networks.

It seems like this is something that should be very simple but I must be missing something?

May 19th, 2015 12:19pm

Hi,

Can you please log off/log in back to the Azure portal and re-try the operation?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Shashank

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2015 12:33pm

Just tried logging out and back in with no luck. Does it matter that I am using the old page manage.windowsazure.com and not the new site?

May 19th, 2015 12:39pm

This could be transient error. Can you please try creating a new Vnet in the same region and see if that works. If it doesn't then we can look into your setup.

Thanks

Shashank

May 20th, 2015 2:54am

This could be transient error. Can you please try creating a new Vnet in the same region and see if that works. If it doesn't then we can look into your setup.

Thanks

Shashank

May 20th, 2015 6:53am

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Thanks

Shashank

Shashank the answer you provided is not correct. So I am updating this with information I received from my MS rep.

Since Azure site recovery for VMware is currently in preview it is only available out of the US WEST locations. Since we are on the east coast and all of our networks, VPN connections, vms, cloud services, and recovery vault are located in US EAST this is not available to us.

In testing I created a recovery vault and test network in US WEST they were immediately available. If you have resources anywhere besides US WEST you will have this same experience.

May 27th, 2015 12:36pm

Shashank the answer you provided is not correct. So I am updating this with information I received from my MS rep.

Since Azure site recovery for VMware is currently in preview it is only available out of the US WEST locations. Since we are on the east coast and all of our networks, VPN connections, vms, cloud services, and recovery vault are located in US EAST this is not available to us.

In testing I created a recovery vault and test network in US WEST they were immediately available. If you have resources anywhere besides US WEST you will have this same experience.

May 27th, 2015 4:34pm

Did anything change with region?  I just setup a Vault in US West and it still would not let me deploy configuration server.
June 25th, 2015 4:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics