Trouble Copying and Pasting from Word Documents to published applications in Citrix
Good Afternoon, Recently we have had issues with users who are unable to copy\paste from Microsoft Word on both their desktop and using Word to published applications in Citrix. They are reporting it will work most of the day and than at some point will cease to function. Either the data will not be pasted, or the last item that was pasted reappears. I have looked online and have not been able to find any definitive answers. The servers are Windows 2003, Office 2003. I have tried to reproduce the behaviour and have not been able to. I copy\pasted from Word to Excel using both apps within Citrix. I did reach the max number of entries for the Office Clipboard (24). The number never increased, but it still pasted what I was copying. Has anyone heard or seen this. Thank You Brian Dougherty
May 27th, 2010 4:32pm

I've had a similar problem in reverse - copying and pasting into Word from my browser. I don't think Citrix has anything to do with it. Again, the last item that was pasted reappears instead of the item cut or copied. I realised that the item being pasted (ie. the previous item) was still selected in another Word document. When I collapsed the selection, the copy and paste operation worked OK. My Office clipboard also had the full 24 items. I haven't gone back to see if this also happens when the clipboard isn't full. Is there any chance that someone in Microsoft will take any interest in this? How do you submit a bug report? David More
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2010 1:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics