Trial Version in Production Environment
Hi, Through this post of mine, I just want to ask if a company is allowed to use a Trial Version of any software like Windows Server 2008 R2 6 months trial, in the Production environment? I mean that is it legal to do this? Thanks Yagyesh
February 10th, 2011 9:55am

Hello, you can run a trial version in which network you like. If you access the server from clients you have the need for CALs as in the regular versions AFAIK. To be sure contact Microsoft support. Personal i would not use test machines in a production network. Depending on what you are doing it may have an influence. For example, you upgrade the schema in a domain which wasn't planned. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2011 10:09am

Hello, you can run a trial version in which network you like. If you access the server from clients you have the need for CALs as in the regular versions AFAIK. To be sure contact Microsoft support. Personal i would not use test machines in a production network. Depending on what youa re doing it may have an influence. For example, you upgrade the schema in a domain which wasn't planned.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 10th, 2011 10:14am

Hi, You can use the trial version without any limitation in law. However, I suggest not using it in a production environment because after the evaluation period expires, if you would like to continue using the system, you have to reinstall the system. This could cause inconvenience. Trial version systems are usually used in test environments. Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2011 8:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics