Transition from WS2003 R2 STD trial to licensed version
I need help in transitioning from WS 2003 R2 STD trial to a licensed version. The trial has stopped functioning all together and I need it to run so that I can make a transition. What do I do?
December 8th, 2009 7:17pm

Unfortunately, you will have to reinstall Windows using the media that came with the product key and license. Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2 installations are bound to their installation media and product keys. Therefore an installation performed with Windows Server 2003 R2 Trial media cannot be converted into a licensed Windows Server 2003 R2 installation by simply keying in the product key. In effect: Trial media are bound to trial productkeys, OEM media are bound to OEM productkeys, Retail media are bound to retail productkeys and Volume license media are bound to volume media productkeys. Windows Server 2003 R2 needs to be installed over the trial Windows Server 2003 R2 installation using the licensed media. Afterwards the licensed product key can be entered. When you reinstall Windows you will retain all the settings in the previous Windows installation, but you will need to reinstall any programs you had previously installed. This issue was fixed in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 8th, 2009 10:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics