Transactional replicated articles Identity Specification changes when Publication was scripted

I recently scripted out a Publication on my SQL 2008 R2 (Standard) Server because I was in the process of restoring the publishing database and needed to tear down/ rebuild replication. After restoring, running my script to recreate replication I noticed that the the tables in the subscriber went from having their Identity Specification set to Yes to No. 

I had manually tore down and rebuilt this same publication in the past, without scripting, and not seen this behavior so I used the UI (SSMS) and did that again. This time the identity specification was back to Yes on the columns where it should be. 

Why would scripting out an existing publication cause this to happen? What setting or behavior am I missing?

Thank you

• Edited by BrianHShay Friday, February 20, 2015 3:38 PM
February 20th, 2015 2:43am

hi,

I don't get you.Can you explain what identity designations is? Primary key, or identity column?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 5:18am

I've updated the question to, hopefully, be more clear. I am referring to the Identity Specification on a column. The property that controls whether or not a column is or is not an identity. 

Thanks!

February 20th, 2015 6:39pm

you mean the thing like IDENTITY(1, 1) disappear?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 21st, 2015 8:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics