Transaction Monitoring with ADFS

Hi,

For SCOM 2012R2. I'm trying to get a Web Application Transaction Monitor set up to monitor and track some performance stats for Office 365 web mail. I already have the Office 365 and ADFS MPs, this is for additional user perspective monitoring.

We use ADFS so the problem is when you specify a proxy in the Web Application Editor it can't reach the internal facing/resolving ADFS url, so the normal process of...

Office 365 --> ADFS --> Microsoft login --> Office 365 Inbox

Fails as with a proxy set...no access to ADFS, without a proxy set...no access to the internet, I can't find an option to set any proxy bypass/override settings within the SCOM authoring config, and configuring netsh winhttp proxy/IE settings for the specified user doesn't work.

The ADFS url would also need to sit in the Intranet zone for zero touch login too, if it doesn't respect the IE settings, this may cause a problem if/when the previous one is resolved!

Any help/guidance greatly appreciated! This must be the same for all external apps using internal ADFS, so can't be the first to try this!

April 28th, 2015 9:01am

Hi,

Have you seen this blog?

SCOM Monitoring Office 365

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scom-monitoring-office-365/

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 2:28am

Hi Xin,

Thanks for the reply and link, I'd not seen this one, however, it's almost exactly what I'd created. Out of interest I imported it and tried it but has the same problem, login.microsoftonline.com will always want to redirect to our ADFS as we use Azure AD integration with Office 365.

So thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't help at all :-(

All I really need is a way to specify a proxy exception in the "Web Application Transaction Monitor" config, as with ADFS logging onto Office 365 needs both internal and external web resources if anyone has any ideas please.

April 29th, 2015 6:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics