Traffic Manager: Redirecting to custom domain

Using the new Traffic Manager feature, is it possible to set a definition that will redirect to a custom domain instead of a cloudapp.net domain? The custom domain points to the cloudapp.net domain.

Scenario Example:

www.example.com points to example.trafficmanger.net which has the following endpoints:

So, using Traffic Manager, www.example.com takes you to the best-performing exampleX.cloudapp.net.

Instead, I would like it to redirect to the nearest cloudapp but using my custom domain, i.e. www.example.com sends the user to www.example1.com.

August 21st, 2013 8:58pm

Thanks, but this does not answer my question.

August 22nd, 2013 1:18pm

It turns out I had a fundamental misunderstanding of the way traffic manager works.

I understood it to be like a redirection service.

In actuality, it will always serve the user under the root domain which is CNAME'd to the trafficmanager domain, despite the fact that it may be serving content from a variety of hosts. I.e. You will never see example1.cloudapp.net -- it will always be just www.example.com, even though the data IS being served from the server at example1.cloudapp.net.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2013 2:39pm

Hi _bd,

Im glad to hear that you have solved this issue by yourself, and it is very appreciated to share your solution to us, and welcome to post your question on this forum in your future programming.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Jambor

August 22nd, 2013 10:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics