Tracking users
hello... i need to find out how to know wich users are online atm... how can find it out?
April 23rd, 2009 8:39pm

hi there,could you please eloborate your question ?please tell us the architecutre , your setup , your issue in brief so that we could assist sooner and faster.thanks for understanding.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2009 8:57pm

its a 2003 windows server enterprise... everything very regular... default install and everything... theres only 2 groups:admin and users... as for the question... lets see... i need to know who is online (loged in my domain... btw its a regular small business network about 20 pcs)... why? im developing a small app to easy-up the comunication in here... how? using net send... so i need to find out who is online to load a list so the user can pick the target of the net send...
April 23rd, 2009 9:05pm

Hello Leonardo, If I understand your question, you may have to get a third party tool to monitor current online users in your windows domain...Except you want to track who is currently logon to a DC or TSIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
April 23rd, 2009 9:51pm

heres the thing... in my college we use the 2003 server... and we (students, teachers, anyone) cant log on in 2 machines at the same time... so theres got to be some kind of a flag that yells: HEY that guy is alrady logged in!!! all i want is to know what flag is that...
April 23rd, 2009 9:54pm

LeonardoIndex, You can logon to as many machines as possible in Active Directory concurrently, but I don't think there is a tool/flag in windows that I am aware of any tools in windows/AD to track users concurrent sessions. Except you want to write a script yourself to track that.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
April 23rd, 2009 10:47pm

Hello,This might be a close to what you are looking for.There is the cconnect utility thatlimit concurrent connections for all users http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237282and the LimitLogon untility that keep track of information about every login in a domainhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2005.05.utilityspotlight.aspxIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
May 9th, 2009 6:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics