Tools for P2V conversion

Hi

We completed the implementation of VMM 2012 R2 and looking for the best option to convert some of our physical servers to VMs. Earlier we used Disk2Vhd and now it seems MS Virtual Machine convertor 3.0 is better than D2V. Please let us know the expert's recommendation based on your experiance

Thanks in A

April 30th, 2015 4:51am

Hi,

in my opinion the Disk2VHD utility had only one advantage, compared to other tools - it snapshotted the machine, while it was running. The Virtual Machine converter 3 has this capability also, so I personally would prefer it.

Regards,

Stoyan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 10:37am

Hi,

in my opinion the Disk2VHD utility had only one advantage, compared to other tools - it snapshotted the machine, while it was running. The Virtual Machine converter 3 has this capability also, so I personally would prefer it.

Regards,

Stoyan

April 30th, 2015 2:35pm

Hi,

Regards,

Stoyan

Hi,

Regards,

Stoyan

Hi,

Regards,

Stoyan

Thanks Stoyan. I guess I can install the VMC on same server as VMM
May 3rd, 2015 1:05am

Hi Laljeev,

it should't be a Problem. You have the following requirements:

Install Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn874007.aspx

Regards,

Stoyan

May 3rd, 2015 6:39am

Use this video to fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reb4eMcpl20
May 13th, 2015 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics