To know more about frequent system crashes (Windows NT 2000)
This is just to know about the cause of frequent system crashes...Letme explain the problem clearly which I'm facing...Once in every 15 days exactly on wednesday my server(Windows NT 2000)gets rebooted unexpectedly and the tomcat service in that server getshanged in starting mode. At thattimeI'll not be able toaccess my application which isin that server and I'll not able be able to see the'start' option enabled in the tomcat services.It will be in disabled mode.ThenI need to kill the process (usingpskill)after that only I can see the'start' option enabled in that tomcat servicesthenI have to start the services then only I canbe able to access my application. For fix this problem, We have done some registry changes with reference tothe below mentionedArticle ID. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319127.But unfortunately that doesn't work.Want to knowwhy the system crash is happening exactly on once in every 15 days!!! Andto know whatmay be the solution too...Cheers...
August 11th, 2008 5:08pm

Thanks for the Query. May I know what kind of applications you are using on the Server ?? Syed Khairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2008 8:39am

Its a web applicationused to cancel orders like that... Please let me know for any queries...Cheers,Malini
August 12th, 2008 12:26pm

Hello, You can firstly enable the security auditing to see who reboots the server. See the steps in the following article to enable the security auditing in Windows 2000: How to enable and apply security auditing in Windows 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300549 If the server is rebooted by the system, the memory crash dump is needed to find out the root cause. I would like to suggest that you contact our Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) for this. You can speak directly with a Microsoft Support Professional to analyze the crash dump. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp Best regards,Chang Yin
August 18th, 2008 6:05am

Hi Chang,Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will try that for sure and update you once done...Cheers,Malini
August 18th, 2008 2:45pm

Hi chang, As per your advice, I have checked the security logs but it is showing that, the system was crashed unexpectedly. I have got another clue this time. The system was crashed due to ASR (Automatic Server Recovery) and it was monitored by blue screen trap. Please find the error message below. Error log from compaq integrated management viewer: "Blue Screen Trap (BugCheck, STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804172C0))",Operating System,Critical,1,24/09/2008 02:00,24/09/2008 02:00"ASR Detected by System ROM",Automatic Server Recovery,Critical,1,24/09/2008 02:11,24/09/2008 02:11 Could you please let me know, what else can be done to resolve this issue?Cheers,Malini
September 30th, 2008 10:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics