To get the record in xml format onclick action

Hi,

I have a scenario in ssrs that, once we click any filed in ssrs, it should open a new window where it shows the xml data of that full record. is it possible in SSRS?

Thanks in advance

August 20th, 2015 5:38am

Hello,

Add a "Go to Action" on a TextBox, in the action open the report with passing render option via URL; see Export a Report Using URL Access

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 6:01am

Hi Shamsudden, 

According to your description, you want to display the xml data by clicking the field in a new window, right? 

In Reporting Services, if we want to go to anohter report or page, we can use Action on the text box. In your scenario, if you want to display the xml data by clicking the record in a tablix, you can use Go to URL to achieve your goal and the report should be deployed to the report server, please refer to the following steps: 

1. Deploy the report to the report server. 
  2. Right-click the field on Details level row to select Text Box Properties, and then go to Action. Select Go to URL, type the report link with rs:formaXML, you can refer to the expression below: 
    http://servername/ReportServer?/Report&rs:Format=XML 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards, 
Shrek Li

August 21st, 2015 3:05am

Thanks for your reply.

Please note that I need to display in a browser only the record (Single Row) in which the cell which i clicked belongs to not all the report data.

is it possible?

Br,

Shamsuddeen

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2015 5:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics