Time syncronization issue
Can any one please help me to resolve this time syncronization issue. I have 2 Windows 2008 servers which we want to change the time zone to eastern but every time we reboot the time zone comes back to the default zone (Mountain Time). Can you please help me to fix this problem.
July 27th, 2012 5:35pm

As far as I know there really is no default. Before reboot I'd check that it is being written properly. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation After change move out of TimeZoneInformation folder and back to see effect. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2012 9:26pm

Hello, Have you also checked the BIOS time and make sure the time is correct? What if you disable "Synchronize with an Internet time server" option in internet Time tab and check the result after a reboot. If these are two Hyper-v virtual machines, are they configured to sync time with the host? Regards, TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
July 29th, 2012 10:59pm

Hello, Have you also checked the BIOS time and make sure the time is correct? What if you disable "Synchronize with an Internet time server" option in internet Time tab and check the result after a reboot. If these are two Hyper-v virtual machines, are they configured to sync time with the host? Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2012 11:01pm

Hello, Have you managed to fix the problem? Regards, TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
August 3rd, 2012 1:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics