Time is incorrect on client computers
Hello, The problem is that all my client computers are 1 hour behind i'm working in a Domain inviroment with DC running server 2003 + SP2 and my client computers are running Win XP SP2/SP3 the server is displaying the currect time but the client computers are 1 hour behind it must be related to day light saving all the latest updates from microsoft are installed on the computers. they all have the little checkbox which applies the daylight clock setting on, checked when i run the command "net time \\server1 /set" on a client computer i get this: "Current time at \\server1 is 9/11/2011 3.47 PM" "Local time (GMT+03:00) at \\server1 is 9/11/2011 2.47 PM" the current local clock is 9/11/2011 2.47 PM the time should be 3.47 PM and not 2.47 PM my time zone is +2 GMT - not +3 as the local time shows. how do i fix it? Regards, Mosh
September 11th, 2011 4:13pm

Hi, in a default domain environment, time is managed by the pdc emulator. All clients are, by default, configured to sync time from the PDC emulator. So you will have to check which DC has the PDC emulator FSMO and check time, time zone and daylightsaving parmaters on that server. If all that is ok serverside, take 1 client and update time on that one like this: w32tm /resync /rediscover /nowait Wait for a minute or two and check time. If this is not correct, check the client's settings using w32tm /tz w32tm /dumpreg (or use regedit) Related keys and settigns are explained on http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/library/cc773263(WS.10).aspx You can use the w32tm utility also to fix common issue by restoring config on the client! w32tm /config /computer:<computer> /syncfromflags:DOMHIER net stop w32tm net start w32tm You should always use w32tm to manage NTP/time service in general on a modern Windows machine. net time is considered to be depreciated. More general information about the time service and how it works in a domain environment, check this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/library/cc773061(WS.10).aspx MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 12th, 2011 4:45pm

Also double check your DCHP scope, if you are using it to issue time information:P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
September 12th, 2011 6:03pm

fixed the problem installed update WindowsXP-KB2570791-x86 and clock is OK now. Mosh
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 12th, 2011 6:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics