Time Synchronization on Server
Hi, What can I do to synchronize our Application servers time with World Clock?Currently, our servers time is behind the standard time. Best Regards, TripleS
August 18th, 2009 4:11am

Hello,do you have adomain or only workgroup servers? Also can you connect to a time server in the internet?In a domain ALL machines rely on the Domain controller with the PDCEmulator FSMO. Please give some more details. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 18th, 2009 10:31am

Hi,We have Domain Controller, Application Server, Exchange Server, and Test Server. Time of all work stations under domain as well as all other servers are synchronized. Only the application server time is different. Also, how can I connect to a time server in the Internet? Best Regards, TripleS
August 19th, 2009 12:15pm

Hello,on the DC with the PDCEmulator FSMO run(check with "netdom query fsmo" in a command prompt):w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:PEERS /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update With "PEERS" you can set the time source, either DNS name (time.windows.com) or an ip address from a reliable time source. Here you can find some of them:http://www.pool.ntp.org/If only one server is out of time sync, check the time zone settings to be correct and adjust the time on that machine.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
August 19th, 2009 5:45pm

Hi, For more information about Windows Time service, you can refer to the following article: How Windows Time Service Works http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773013(WS.10).aspx Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
August 20th, 2009 1:03pm

Hi, I have tested all methods that you guys mentioned in here and from some links. Still my application server time is not sync with our DC yet. I suppose, if application server is on the same DC as our WorkStations, its time should be in sync with DC? So, I manually adjust the date/time from my application server with DC's time and time zone is correct. Still my application server time is around 9 seconds different with DC. I run the "net time /setsntp:domain-controller.com" on the application server and waited for few days.Until today, application server time is around 9 seconds faster than domain.Thanks. Please Help. Best Regards, TripleS
September 8th, 2009 6:49am

Hello,is a firewall running on the server and did you have configured port 123 UDP to be open?Please make sure that only domain DNS servers are used on the NIC, to verify please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the problem server and the DC with the PDCEmulator role.If you have 2003 or higher as OS version use the w32tm command and not the old net time.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
September 8th, 2009 3:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics