This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
I have a Windows 2008 Server. After I activated the server. I get this error message Restrictions This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I can't go to the Control Panel or anywhere. Help Please
December 31st, 2011 4:04pm

Kind of vague but this one may apply. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 31st, 2011 4:46pm

Make sure IE as a default browser. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm Thanks
December 31st, 2011 6:47pm

Thank You for the reply.. That didn't work. I can't go to the control panel, update the server.. It is not a internet explorer issue. It is like it is still in activation mode even though I re-entered the product key. Help
January 1st, 2012 12:36am

Is this a new install? Can you logon Safe Mode? Any system event log errors? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 1st, 2012 10:11am

Hello, Thanks for posting. So, you get this error when you try to open Control Panel? 1. Try open Registry Edit, search for NOCONTROLPANEL 2. By default, value is not set 3. Set NOCONTROLPANEL value=0 Reboot and check the result. Some possible solutions to this problem: Set Internet Explorer as the default browser Upgrade Internet Explorer to IE Ver.9 Open Registry, navigate to HKLM\Software\Classes\Htmlfile\Shell\Open\Command. The value data should be “C:\program files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” –nohome Event logs may provide us more information Thanks Cheers
January 2nd, 2012 2:18am

This might work for you - it certainly worked for me with a similar issue on win 7 pro: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer At the very least it'll help someone out :-)
June 11th, 2012 11:42am

Thanks for your information......its work fine for me.......
June 19th, 2012 5:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics