The user profile service failed the logon – User cannot be loaded Windows2008R2 RDS

Dear all,

I get the error "The user profile Service failed the logon - User cannot Be Loaded" on a Server 2008 R2 RDS on some profiles.

My architecture is composed of 3 RDS server NLB.

Here are the actions that I have taken:

1/ Boot in safe mode with CHKDSK / F / R

2/ Check the "user profile login" service works and never stops.

3/ Kb followed this by removing .bak put the refcount = 0 and the state = 0 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215/ its works but after some time still the same error The user profile Service failed the logon - User cannot Be loaded "or temporary profile.

4/ Reapply the rights to C:\users\default

5/ Compress hives:
C:\ windows\system32\config\default
C:\ windows\system32\config\sam
C:\ windows\system32\config\security
C:\ windows\system32\config\software
C:\ windows\system32\config\system
C:\ windows\system32\config\components

6/ when I delete the corrupted profile and I create a new profile I also error coming back.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Tan's Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:48 AM
April 21st, 2015 8:31am

the default user profile template could be corrupted if you create a brand new user and it still won't load up properly

are you doing profile redirection policies so the user gets the same profile regardless of which 3 RDS servers he ends up on?

is this a new issue for a new farm or was this working before?

you need to dig into the event logs to find out more about the failure

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 2:15pm

Thank you for your response Armin19.

Our infrastructure works for a long time with this setup and we never had the same problem. For information my virtual server is configured with 16 GB of RAM and 8 processor.
We have a GPO that redirects the user profile following folders:

• Appdata
  • Dektop
  • Favorites
  • My documents

Below I get errors in the event viewer :

Error 1508 : Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
 for C:\Users\jack\ntuser.dat

Error 1502 : Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error 1515 :
Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.

Error 1511:
Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Once I have the errors in the registry  in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList \ .... .bak and and when I open the remote session a cmd is displayed: c:\users\temp .

Thanks in advance.

April 21st, 2015 2:57pm

so 3x servers with 16GB RAM each?

I think the sources are worth exploring, see how much memory you have available and more importantly how much free disk space you have.

you may be suffering from registry bloating

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2871131

check your registry file sizes, user profile sizes and overall disk space usage

if you are not setting hard limits on user profile sizes, it's possible that large amounts of saved data in the user's profile is creating this problem (outside of what you are redirecting)

April 21st, 2015 3:15pm

The three servers are configured with 16 GB of RAM and 8 processors.
The gpo on the remote profile applies to all three servers too.

I have applied this kb (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2871131 )
In terms of disk space I have 36GB free.

I already compress hives in registry :

-C:\ windows\system32\config\default
-C:\ windows\system32\config\sam
-C:\ windows\system32\config\security
-C:\ windows\system32\config\software
-C:\ windows\system32\config\system
-C:\ windows\system32\config\components

April 21st, 2015 3:29pm

Please ,

dou you have any idea ?

Thanks

April 23rd, 2015 8:52am

I applied this KB https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2567018/es but unfortunately still the same problem

April 23rd, 2015 3:26pm

Hi,

Please fully patched the system, check whether the issue persists or not afterwards.

If its acceptable, please try to clean user profiles under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ ProfileList. You may backup the system before you do this.

If the method above doesnt work, please restore the system. If you have an earlier version backup of the system which is healthy, please restore the system use the earlier version.

Here is a similar thread below for you:

Server 2008R2 - Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windowsserver/en-US/6f95e06f-979d-4764-98fd-60e7fb8414fd/server-2008r2-windows-cannot-log-you-on-because-your-profile-cannot-be-loaded

Best Regards,

May 4th, 2015 7:24am

Hi,

sorry for my late reply I was on vacation.
the proposed solution with debprof and reprofiling not works.
The server are up to date .
I think that the service "user profile 'does not load the user profile correctly.

I have no backup with the system that works correctly :(

Below I get errors in the event viewer :

Error 1508 : Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
 for C:\Users\jack\ntuser.dat

Error 1502 : Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error 1515 :
Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.

Error 1511:
Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Thanks.

May 13th, 2015 8:32am

Bonjour ,

j'ai toujours le mme problme aprs quelques temps lorsque le nombre d 'utilisateurs connects est autour de 10 personnes et que ma mmoire arrive a 6 Gb . C'est a ce moment la que je ne peut plus me connecter sauf si je dconnecte une session du serveur est a ce moment la ca fonctionne .

Merci de votre aide.

June 11th, 2015 2:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics