The user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

Hi

I have a problem with one of my users where she cannot log onto two of the four terminal servers in my RDS farm, she gets the error above. The user has a roaming profile on a file server. I tried finding the SID under profile list in the registry to delete it on the terminal servers and on the file server but cannot find the SID. I also tried deleting the roaming profile completely to see if that would help but it does not. This is on Server 2008R2 Standard.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Brad.

January 4th, 2013 3:16pm

It seems to me you are in right direction. Can you compare HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList on both working and non-working TS? Or post the screenshot here?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2013 6:12pm

that's maybe because you have a GPO to delete cached copies/temporary roaming profiles? The SID is there only when the user is logged on. Do you have a folder redirection on the user's APPDATA folder? Delete/rename the profile on your networkshare where the profiles are stored and delete/rename the APPDATA redirected folder on the users networkshare. Logon again by redirecting the user to this SessionHost so it creates a new profile.

July 12th, 2013 5:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics