The update operation is not allowed in the current state of the request

When users have logged a request through the service manager 2012 portal and they go back in to add user input they sometimes receive a message that says " The update operation is not allowed in the current state of the request." The state of the request has not changed it is still Active and has not breached its service level .

I can't seem to find any information about this error and don't know how to troubleshoot it. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

July 7th, 2014 2:51pm

I'm not sure what your users are attempting; there is no method for users to edit Service Request details through the portal after they have been submitted, so what are they going back in to add user input to? 

Can you provide steps to reproduce this issue? it might help troubleshoot if I had a better understanding of you're attempting to do.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2014 3:08pm

They are trying to add a comment to provide further information to the request that they've made. They add the comments into the section called User Input and then they click Update request and then the message appears below.

I can't seem to upload an image.

Thanks

Sarah

July 7th, 2014 3:36pm

ok, so they're adding user comments after creating the service request. looks like this:

clip_image002

the first thing to check is that the user is added to the default, un-scoped "End User" security role, or the custom end user security role they are added to has a scope that includes all work items. The "user input" field adds a user comment related to the SR, so the ability to create user comments is required to use this field.

• Proposed as answer by Pete Barbuto Tuesday, July 08, 2014 1:24 PM
July 7th, 2014 4:24pm

ok, so they're adding user comments after creating the service request. looks like this:

clip_image002

the first thing to check is that the user is added to the default, un-scoped "End User" security role, or the custom end user security role they are added to has a scope that includes all work items. The "user input" field adds a user comment related to the SR, so the ability to create user comments is required to use this field.

clip_image002

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes they are adding comments to the user input section. I have added all users to the End Users User role. I'm not sure what you mean when you say scope?

What I find is that the user can add comments, and then goes back in and can't, and then goes back in days later and can. It doesn't seem to be related to anything which is why I wanted to be able to troubleshoot it but didn't know where to start.

July 9th, 2014 11:38am

Hello Sarah.

Did you find the answer for your problem with SCSM 2012?

I have the same issue.

Thanks

June 8th, 2015 2:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics