The system cannot find the file specified !!
Hey guys,I have just installed Windows Server 2008.Everything was working fine and my NIC was working perfectly.Next day the NIC has an exclamation mark next to it.From this point onwards I cannot get it or any other NIC to work.Everytime Iinstall a NIC and try to install the drivers it finds the drivers but fails to install correctly.It keeps giving the same message;the system cannot find the file specified.The drivers are on the cd or floppy and it list the correct card but won't install it correctly.Anybody had the same and know the answer??My days to activate are slipping away and I have no NIC access.Please help ;-)
June 4th, 2008 3:51pm

Thanks for the postCan you please let us know the Model and the manufacture of the NIC ??Thanks Syed
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2008 4:22pm

Hey Syed,Thanks for responding so quickly :-)The first one listed is the HP one that was working then just stopped.The rest are others that I have tried and could never get to work.HP ETHERNET PCI 10/100TX Model D50133-6002D-Link Model DGE-530T Rev B2 (Preferred modelif possible)Belkin Wireless Model F5D70003Com Model 3C905B TXNMIf none of these are listed as compatible then can you recommend a GB NIC that is definately ok?Once again, thanks.Steve P
June 5th, 2008 1:25pm

Hi Steve, It seems that the driver installation files may be corrupted. Would you please contact the manufacture of the NIC to check whether there is compatible driver with Windows Server 2008. If possible, please download and install the latest device driver to test. Hope it helps.Your potential. Our passion.
June 16th, 2008 2:06pm

Hey David,Thanks for the response.I have checked their websites and only found at best, vista drivers, not windows server 2008 drivers.Can you recommend a GB NIC that is definately ok and has windows server 2008 drivers?I am willing to purchase any that has guaranteed compatibility and supported drivers.ThanksSteve P
June 16th, 2008 3:09pm

Hello Steve, Check the hardware compatibility list of Win 2008 supported hardware and buy it. Please see the link below.I prefer any Intel LAN adapter and Broadcom because they are not so expensive http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/results.aspx?&bCatID=1468&cpID=0&avc=10&ava=0&avq=0&OR=1&PGS=25&ready=0Thanks and Hope you will resolve you problem Syed Khairuddin
June 17th, 2008 9:25am

Same problem here with Vista and any Network card.is there anything in the registry that needs to e cleaned?
September 8th, 2008 8:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics