The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'admin' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Hi @ all: I've get the following warning every second in the syslog of my Windows 2000 SP4 -Server: Event Type: WarningEvent Source: MSFTPSVCEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 100Date: 31.03.2010Time: 05:16:24User: N/AComputer: EAGLEDescription:The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'admin' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Data:0000: 2e 05 00 00 .... Does anybody know how to resolve this? Best regards Markus
April 1st, 2010 4:26pm

Hello, see here for starting: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=100&eventno=489&source=MSFTPSVC&phase=1Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2010 4:38pm

Dear Meinolf, I've tried out the Solutions provided in that article, but that doesn't help. I get that messages again and again....
April 7th, 2010 10:58am

Hi , Is this problem still active ?
April 28th, 2010 8:05am

Hi, Yes, the problem is still active..
April 28th, 2010 9:27am

Hello, I have the same problem on a Windows Server 2003 Std SP1, although with other user accounts. Any suggestions? Thanks, Levente Rog
May 28th, 2010 12:09pm

This a public FTP server? That would seem to be the same messages I see when someone attempts a hack at my machine. Have you looked at your FTP log file. This is located at: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\MSFTPSVC2092244365 (Or some such random number... Microsoft Sheesh) This will give you a more detailed listing of what is happening. Thanks, James
June 2nd, 2010 10:54pm

Suggest you do as following for Windows Password Reset : Start system and press F8 key when Windows is starting up. Then select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and enter. Choose Administrator, the default password may be blank if you don’t set the default administrator password before. Then you will enter into doc Command as following. Type “net user xxx 12345 /add “(xxx is the locked account name and 123456 is the new password set on this account).Then you will see the Command Completed Successfully. Note: The above tips only used in the situation that you did not set the Administrator password. What if you have set an Administrator password before? You need do as the following tips: Step1. Burn a USB Flash Drive to remove lost or forgotten Windows password. Step2. Set your target computer to boot from USB Flash Drive. Step3. Recover lost or forgotten Windows password with the burned USB Flash Drive. For details, you may view tutorial on Reset Windows Password with USB How to Reset Windows Password with USB?
February 15th, 2011 8:39pm

Windows Password Recovery 6.0 can help you reset windows NT password by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. Except windows NT password resetting , Windows Password Recovery Tool can also help to reset windows administrator password and standard user password on Windows 7/Vista/XP/Sever 2008/2003/2000 etc.
February 22nd, 2011 2:32am

Windows Password Recovery Corporation helped me quickly when I met problem with my Windows Server 2000 domain password forgotten. Forgot Windows Password! How to Recover Lost Windows Password easily?
June 7th, 2011 9:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics