The server is failing to download some updates. Event ID 10032. No Error 364. Windows Server 2003 SP2

Ran a wsusutil.exe reset command which ran for 896 hours. Eventually after getting fed up of waiting, installed the 2828185 patch.

Restarted the DB. Sucessfully sync'd the server.

Even though the files were in their relevant folders, WSUS was unable to download the files.

I have resorted to uninstalling the database and WSUS on the server completely and did a fresh install with a new db.

BITS error was resolved, but still seeing the error 10032. The server is failing to download some updates.

Please help!!!

August 25th, 2015 3:56pm

Hi,

Please find the updates which can't be downloaded in the WSUS console. Then try to unapprove/approve these updates. Then check if event 364 is logged in the event viewer.

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 1:37am

Hi Steven,

All the updates are failing to download.

I have read up on other posts with Event ID 10032 error. They seem to have issue with BITS.

I have checked and can confirm that there is no event 364 with the download error.

I have WSUS 3.0 SP2 with the following hotfix installed:

KB2828185
KB2734608
KB2720211

I have ran a cleanup wizard, re-indexed the db. Every time i restart the update service i seem to have the failing to download error.

Any more help would be appreciated.

August 27th, 2015 9:55am

Problem Resolved by configuring the settings.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 12:46pm

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Could you please tell us the setting which causes this issue? Is it a proxy setting or firewall rule?

Best Regards.

September 9th, 2015 10:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics