The selected management pack cannot be deleted.

I'm having problems deleting a custom management pack in SCOM 2012. The error is the following:

The selected management pack cannot be deleted. This might be because it is currently being deleted or it has already been deleted. If you think this message is in error, try again later.

Any ideas?

June 18th, 2012 12:24pm

Hi,

Does this issue persist?

According to the warning message, it seems it need take some time to finish this deleting process, try to leave it alone and wait for a period of time to check the result.

How to Remove an Operations Manager Management Pack

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230746.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2012 11:22am

I face the same problem in SCOM 2012 SP1

The selected management pack cannot be deleted. This might be because it is currently being deleted or it has already been deleted. If you think this message is in error, try again later.

I only have the problem with one unsealed MP.

I can delete other sealed MPs and import them again. So I hope my environment with DB is working well.

I also have deleted all overrides for this pack (in the same MP/xml because it is unsealed), restarted the DB-Server and the SCOM Management Server and also started the SCOM console with switch "/clearcache". All without success

Any idea how I can remove this MP from my SCOM environment.

Remark:
I tried the idea from AndreasZuckerhut http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/166c3560-c3ae-4510-8e25-1b6f1b57e3bc/unable-to-delete-mp-in-scom-2012?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

created an own MP with the same ID but a newer version and started the "Import Management Pack"  from the SCOM -Management GUI.

This time I got the Import-error  called  "The transaction log for database 'OperationsManager' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'.  I also see the same eventlog entry 9002 on the SQL-Server System.  Could this be also an hint to the upper problem of an failed deletion of an MP?  A guide how to solve this is on http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/380879/About-transaction-log-and-its-truncation-in-SQL-Se . But I not tried it yet whether it solves the problem. I will ask an SQL expert first and will note the result here later. 

January 23rd, 2014 11:13am

I can delete other sealed MPs and import them again. So I hope my environment with DB is working well.

I also have deleted all overrides for this pack (in the same MP/xml because it is unsealed), restarted the DB-Server and the SCOM Management Server and also started the SCOM console with switch "/clearcache". All without success

Remark:
I tried the idea from AndreasZuckerhut http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/166c3560-c3ae-4510-8e25-1b6f1b57e3bc/unable-to-delete-mp-in-scom-2012?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

created an own MP with the same ID but a newer version and started the "Import Management Pack"  from the SCOM -Management GUI.

This time I got the Import-error  called  "The transaction log for database 'OperationsManager' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'.  I also see the same eventlog entry 9002 on the SQL-Server System.  Could this be also an hint to the upper problem of an failed deletion of an MP?  A guide how to solve this is on http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/380879/About-transaction-log-and-its-truncation-in-SQL-Se . But I not tried it yet whether it solves the problem. I will ask an SQL expert first and will note the result here later. 

• Edited by ManfredR_Abg Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:22 PM update
January 23rd, 2014 4:09pm

Remark:

• Edited by ManfredR_Abg Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:22 PM update
January 23rd, 2014 7:09pm

I could solve the problem

"The selected management pack cannot be deleted"

by changing  the file size of the LOG file in SQL 2012 SQL Manager Studio.

• Start the SQL Server Management Studio
  • Navigate to the OperationsManager Database -> press right mouse -> select properties
  • in the opening dialog select the page "Files" on the left top corner.
  • Change the initial Size (MB) for the Database file MOM_LOG and/or set it to autogrowth.

By default SCOM installed a size of 500 MB and no autogrowth in my installation.

I changed it to Initial Size 1000 MB and  Autogrowth = "By 10 percent, Unlimited".

After this change I tried to delete the Managementpack in SCOM and it worked.

I am not a SQL expert, so maybe ask your SQL expert about side effects of such changes.

January 24th, 2014 3:08am

• Navigate to the OperationsManager Database -> press right mouse -> select properties
  • Change the initial Size (MB) for the Database file MOM_LOG and/or set it to autogrowth.

By default SCOM installed a size of 500 MB and no autogrowth in my installation.

I changed it to Initial Size 1000 MB and  Autogrowth = "By 10 percent, Unlimited".

I am not a SQL expert, so maybe ask your SQL expert about side effects of such changes.

January 24th, 2014 8:04am

January 24th, 2014 8:04am

thank you for posting this. Changing the DB sizes is exactly what solve
June 5th, 2015 5:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics