The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed.

The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed.

Why am I getting this message on some folders security tab when I try to check the security permissions through UNC\DFS?

If I log onto the server its fine.  I can view the security permissions
no problem.  I've ran a check disk and checked the share permissions.

I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any

October 9th, 2013 11:57am

I'm doing some research and will post back immediately.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 11th, 2013 9:23am

Are you using a same user account when checking the permission via UNC and locally? Generally this is caused by permission related settings.

As a quick test, try to give your current account Full Control permission with logged on the server locally. Then try again to see if permission will still not be displayed. 

October 11th, 2013 1:01pm

Hi.

What mode is the UAC in on both the server and client? My initial thought is that it is enable on the client (through unc) but not the server.

Or are you on the same server but going through \\localhost\d$ and D:\?

October 12th, 2013 9:45am

How are things going? Please let us know if there is any progress.
October 21st, 2013 12:25pm

I had this same problem, when I tried to do anything to the folder (except open or close) the "Item not found" error box appeared asking me to check the file location.  After about 6 hours I tried the software product "Long Path Tool" at LongPathTool.com.  It states it is a free trial, but to do anything you must buy it.  It worked, but first I had to rename the folder a totally different name (I used aaa). and it changed the Folders name and relocated it within the open window.  Then normal delete was available.  Hope this helps...Michael 4-11-15
April 12th, 2015 12:00am

Has "Everyone" been given read permissions on the server share? I've seen this issue before at my place of work, and it was due to "Everyone" not being given read permissions.  Adding it fixed it, for me anyway.

• Edited by C-huck 53 minutes ago
April 12th, 2015 2:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics