The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

I fail to view my deployed report from my computer. And then I remotely go to Report Manager (localhost/Reports_MSSQLSERVER/Pages/Folder.aspx) and get error msg "The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer." How to solve this problem? Please help me

August 31st, 2015 11:14pm

Hi Redzuan,

The issue should be caused by the Reporting Services windows service is not running.

Please follow these steps to check the service is running:
1.Open SQL Server Configuration Manaager.
2.Click "SQL Server Services"
3.Make sure the SQL Server Reporting Services is running.

Another possible I have met is that the PermissionSet is set to Excecution for code group "Report_Server_Strong_Name". To solve it, please open rssrvpolicy.config with textEditor, set the permission to be FullTrust as below:(By default, the file is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer)

<CodeGroup
                      class="UnionCodeGroup"
                      version="1"
                      PermissionSetName="FullTrust"
                      Name="Report_Server_Strong_Name"
                      Description="This code group grants Report Server code full trust. ">

By the way, the SQL Server Reporting Services logs will help us to solve the issue. By default, the logs is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics