The destination server is currently rejecting replication requests
One of DC is generating this message whenever I attempt to sync from Active Directory site and services group. I have 3 Domain controller. The Primary domain controller is a Virtual Server, the 2nd one also is a VM server and the 3rd one on a sepeart subnet is a Microsoft Server. Any ideas on how to address the issue. Thanks Nelson
August 13th, 2010 8:20am

Hi nelson, It maybe an network connective problem. Can you ping through the 3 domain controllers each other? If yes, can you please run "repadmin /sync" on all the domain controllers and see what is the result? Hope it helps. Scorprio TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2010 8:43am

Hi nelson, It maybe an network connective problem. Can you ping through the 3 domain controllers each other? If yes, can you please run "repadmin /sync" on all the domain controllers and see what is the result? Hope it helps. Scorprio TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin
August 13th, 2010 8:43am

Hello, are you able to ping between the DCs with ip address, computer name and FQDN? Use the support tools to get more information about the domain: dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt netdiag /v >c:\netdiag.txt [from each DC, netdiag may work but isn't supported with Windows server 2008 and higher] repadmin /showrepl dc* /verbose /all /intersite >c:\repl.txt (if more then one DC exists) dnslint /ad /s "DCipaddress" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321045) As the output will become large, DON'T post them into the thread, please use Windows Sky Drive. Also the /e in dcdiag scans the complete forest, so better run it on COB.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
August 13th, 2010 11:11am

Hi, Please try to run "repadmin /options" on all DCs. If DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL or DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL appears, try to run the command below to reset these options: repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL Note: Replace <DC NAME> with your problematic DC name. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 16th, 2010 8:31am

Hi, Have you tried the suggestions? Any update is welcomed. If there is any problem, please let us know the detailed error message. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 18th, 2010 5:13am

That worked. I had to do a force demotion on one of the DC and remove all entries using ADSI edit as well as DNS. I then ran the above commands and then sync all commands and forced replication and then rebotted the servers a few times to get all the items synching properly. Things are working great. Thanks for all your help. Nelson
August 22nd, 2010 7:39am

The dcdiag commands was very helpful in revealing the exact problem and how to resolve it. It is a very useful tool. I learnt also during this process it pays to be patient so as to allow for replication to fully take place. I also reboot the VM a few times to make sure things are working fine and ran dcdiag several times in the process. Thanks again. Nelson
August 22nd, 2010 7:41am

Glad to hear the problem was fixed. If you have more questions in the future, you’re welcomed to this forum. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 23rd, 2010 6:51am

Hi Mervyn i have the same problem and i got DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL or DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL when i run "repadmin /options" on all DCs, then i run the the following command at DC by put the DC NAME itself . repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL what is the next step to slove this problem, thanks in advace Mhiar
November 10th, 2010 10:20pm

Hi , i have replication problem between DC1 & DC2 , where this problem due to restore them from true image backups , the CName Alias of DC2 is not the same in ADSS of DC1 and DC2 ... i think the replication problem will be solved if i fix the dns. could you help me please ... there is the output of repadmin / options command C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>repadmin /options bcs1 +DISABLE_OUTBOUND _REPL Current options: IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL New options : IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>repadmin /options bcs1 -DISABLE_OUTBOUND _REPL Current options: IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL New options : IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>repadmin /options bcs1 +DISABLE_INBOUND_ REPL Current options: IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL New options : IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>repadmin /options bcs1 -DISABLE_INBOUND_ REPL Current options: IS_GC DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL New options : IS_GC C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> regards
March 11th, 2011 2:07am

Hi, Please try to run "repadmin /options" on all DCs. If DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL or DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL appears, try to run the command below to reset these options: repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> +DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL repadmin /options <DC NAME> -DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL Note: Replace <DC NAME> with your problematic DC name. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. I know I'm not the OP, but I wanted to say that this resolved a similar issue I was having with my DCs today, thank you for this tip!
March 14th, 2011 3:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics