The default gateway is missing on a computer running windows Server 2008 R2 on  dell R510 Server
H I am having this issue on Dell R510. I am installing Windows Server 2008 R2. the installation is successful but when I restart computer the defaultgateway is blank. I have searched the net and also tries registry settings for DefaultGateway on Interface which is already set in registry but still did not show in ipconfig /all any ideas please Javaid Irfan
April 30th, 2011 8:18am

I would tend to agree. I would go as far as deleting the NIC from device manager, rescan for devices, when the NIC is detected, provide the latest drivers for that specific operating system. You should get the drivers directly from the vendor's web site.Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2011 12:52pm

Thanks Mr. X and JM. I will try this solution today will update regarding results.
May 2nd, 2011 2:53am

Thanks Mr. X and JM. I will try this solution today will update regarding results. I have downloaded latest Driver from Dell for Poweredge R510 NIC Broadcom BCM5716C Netextreme II adapters with release date 3/10/2011. Installed the new driver Restarted the system Assinged Default GW IP address When I recheck with ip config or through IPV4 properties the value of GW is blank.
May 2nd, 2011 3:29am

Hi Javaid, Thanks for posting here. Please also try the solution that discussed in the blog post below and see how is going, it should also apply to Window server 2008 R2: You May Lose the Default Gateway on SBS 2008 Every Time You Reboot http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2010/04/22/you-may-lose-the-default-gateway-on-sbs-2008-every-time-you-reboot.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 2nd, 2011 3:56am

Hi Javaid, Thanks for posting here. Please also try the solution that discussed in the blog post below and see how is going, it should also apply to Window server 2008 R2: You May Lose the Default Gateway on SBS 2008 Every Time You Reboot http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2010/04/22/you-may-lose-the-default-gateway-on-sbs-2008-every-time-you-reboot.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Well tried this solution already the DefaultGateway entry exist in KHLM\system\currentcontrolset\.........Interface\GUID\ and value of Default GW is also present. Teh result is the same
May 7th, 2011 5:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics