The decryption operation failed - while trying to publish CloudService with Visual Studio

Hi,

I'm trying to publish Azure Cloud Service using Visual Studio publish wizard. During this operation I get following error:

10:24:40 - Warning: There are package validation warnings.
10:24:40 - Checking for Remote Debugger certificate...
10:24:41 - Uploading Certificates...
10:24:57 - Applying Diagnostics extension.
10:24:58 - An error (The decryption operation failed, see inner exception.) occurred while transmitting data over the HTTP channel.

Operation fails for Cloud Service on one Azure subscription, but I can successfully deploy service on other subscription.

I removed all certificates from service, deleted management certificates and downloaded new publish settings for VS but problem still occurs. How can I troubleshoot this?

August 25th, 2015 4:46am

Hi,

Are you able to publish successfully now, It could be a network latency issue and may be fixed after repeated attempts, or may be related to an outage at azure end.
 If the package size is too large, try to reduce the size by storing the non-essential artifacts in a storage blog and referencing it in code.
 You may also want to update your storage account credentials for Diagnostics by right clicking the WebRole in VS solution explorer > "Update Diagnostics settings" > in General Tab, click configure button for storage credentials.
 You can also, as a workaround, Upload the package manually from the portal following this article : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/cloud-services-how-to-create-deploy/

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 9:33am

I still have a problem with publishing from Visual Studio. Our team is investigating if problem is caused by our network.

Meanwhile I'm using the workaround you mentioned.

August 25th, 2015 11:10am

Hi,

Are you able to publish successfully now, It could be a network latency issue and may be fixed after repeated attempts, or may be related to an outage at azure end.
 If the package size is too large, try to reduce the size by storing the non-essential artifacts in a storage blog and referencing it in code.
 You may also want to update your storage account credentials for Diagnostics by right clicking the WebRole in VS solution explorer > "Update Diagnostics settings" > in General Tab, click configure button for storage credentials.
 You can also, as a workaround, Upload the package manually from the portal following this article : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/cloud-services-how-to-create-deploy/

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 1:30pm

I still have a problem with publishing from Visual Studio. Our team is investigating if problem is caused by our network.

Meanwhile I'm using the workaround you mentioned.

August 25th, 2015 3:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics