The configuration registry database is corrupt (0x800703F1)

SCVMM 2012 R2

Cluster with 2 nodes/hosts

Deployed several VM's without any problem. Migrating between the hosts is no problem.

Now I want to create a service template, just deploying a simple webserver. I created a new VM, sysprepped it en saved it as a template.

I also created OS profile, Hardware profile etc. to automatically deploy the service template. When deploying the Service Template is all seems to go well until the action: ' Install VM components' This action fails after a couple of seconds with the error below:

====

Error (22042)
The service Testdeploy was not successfully deployed. Review the event log to determine the cause and corrective actions.

Recommended Action
The deployment can be restarted by retrying the job.

Error (2912)
An internal error has occurred trying to contact the host1.domain.local server: : .

WinRM: URL: [http://host1.domain.local:5985], Verb: [INVOKE], Method: [HWScoutOffline], Resource: [http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/scvmm/P2VServerJob]

The configuration registry database is corrupt (0x800703F1)

Recommended Action
Check that WS-Management service is installed and running on server host1.domain.local. For more information use the command "winrm helpmsg hresult". If host1.domain.local is a host/library/update server or a PXE server role then ensure that VMM agent is installed and running. Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2742275 for more details.

====

First I checked all WinRM related issues, this is all good, connecting without a problem. Removed one host from the cluster, removed certiftcate from the Trusted People certificate store on the SCVMM server. Added the host again, certificate being created automatically, but still the same error. Checked the SPN names, GPO settings for WinRM, but I'm stuck at the moment. Has anybody have any clue on this one to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

March 31st, 2014 9:30am

I am having the same issue when attempting to create a new vm template from an existing vm. Were you able to find a solution?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2014 7:15pm

I am having the exact same issue, did either of you ever solve this?
July 31st, 2014 4:01pm

Did anyone ever get answer to this? I'm getting the same error when trying to convert a vmware VM with SCVMM.

Peter

October 2nd, 2014 2:33pm

I am having this issue as well, has anyone found the cause? 
October 9th, 2014 5:29pm

Hi everyone who has seen this problem. I've seen this problem once when creating a new VM from Template. Let me share what I found from that investigation.  

As part of VM customization, VMM mounts the VHD on the host computer, and copies out its SYSTEM registry file. It then loads the registry file on the host computer, in order to learn things about the VM it is creating.

This error happens when the SYSTEM registry file from the VHD cannot be loaded on the host computer. VMM gets a registry corruption error (0x800703F1) returned by the host computer.

You can confirm that you have the same issue, by mounting the VHD file (right-click mount), go to its Windows\System32\config folder, and copy out the SYSTEM file. Then open your registry (run regedit.exe), select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and choose File->Load Hive, giving it the path to the copied file. (Don't worry, this doesn't harm your registry). You will see an error loading the file, this is the same error seen by VMM. (If you didn't see an error you don't have this issue. You can unload the hive, by selecting it and choosing File->Unload Hive). To cleanup the mounted VHD, go to the Disk Management snap-in, select the mounted disk, right-click and select Detach VHD.

I was able to reproduce this issue by taking a 'fresh' VHD, and running it part way through the Windows installation process, before shutting it down. Then I would take this now non-fresh VHD and attempt to create VMs with it, and I hit this issue. There may be other ways that the registry file was modified from its original 'fresh' version.

To fix the issue, try reverting back to a 'fresh' VHD. Or, if you have a copy of the original VHD before it got modified, you can try copying back its 'fresh' SYSTEM registry file.

I hope this helps.

Cedric Davies

Microsoft VMM Developer

October 10th, 2014 11:33pm

Hi everyone
If installing on guest OS this feature

MSMQ-Directory

and delete it, I've got this error.
VMM after that cannot operate with the Guest OS (create a template, install services).
If add this feature again, the problem has fixed.

December 2nd, 2014 2:58pm

On the host run:

winrm set winrm/config @{MaxTimeoutms = "1800000"} 

winrm set winrm/config/Service @{MaxConcurrentOperationsPerUser="1500"} 

net stop winrm  

net start winrm  

net start scvmmagent 

That fixed the issue in our case

May 1st, 2015 11:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics