The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the
I am working with a group that has created an event log for their applcation and I am getting an error when trying to read the log via SCOM sp1. I have researched the error and applied the only hotfix, kb959865that even remotely looks like it may help, with no luck. I have looked at the default action account and it is fine. Any ideas!

The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the SpecAppLog event log on computer 'Spec-proxy1.Spec.com'. The Provider has been unable to open the SpecAppLog event log for 2160 seconds.

Most recent error details: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: SpecGroup.Atari.TestMonitor.App1

Instance name: venus.Spec.com

Instance ID: {C33BB951-D05F-9990-59F7-83A0ADF3F420}

Management group: scom

September 8th, 2009 7:59pm

when you say the 'default action account is fine', have you changed the action account on the agent from LocalSystem to something else? If you change to a non-privileged domain users, you will have to grant that account rights to the Event Logs. This is mentioned in Low-Privileged Evironments in the MP Guide of many management packs.
Also, what is the OS of the machine in question?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 12th, 2009 10:57pm

After much work we found the solution, thanks for your reply.
  • Marked as answer by Dethgiver Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:19 PM
September 17th, 2009 3:19pm

After much work we found the solution, thanks for your reply.
  • Marked as answer by Dethgiver Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:19 PM
September 17th, 2009 3:19pm

What was the solution to your problem?
December 11th, 2009 1:11pm

I had made an error in the code. The name of the computer that we were trying to open the log on was incorrect.
December 11th, 2009 1:59pm

Hi,

If you can provide the solution which you applied to fix this issue then it would be batter for me,

as i am also having same issue but my OS is server 2008 R2.

your responce would be great :) :)

January 31st, 2012 4:15pm

The reason it didn't work when I first tested it was there was a typo in my monitor. You have to re-check everything to make sure that you don't miss the problem. This monitor is near bullit proof if done correctly.
January 31st, 2012 11:24pm

Disable the Windows Server 2008 R2 DHCP Descovery for a group (Windows Server 2003 Computer Group)
1.Open the Operations Console | Monitoring
2.Management Pack Objects
3.Object Discoveries
4.Find "Microsoft.Windows.2008R2.DHCP.Server.Discovery"
5.Right click the discovery Override for a group "Windows Server 2003 Computer Group" - Enabled false
6.From Operations Manager shell >> Remove-DisabledMonitoringObject

Couple of minutes and the warnings will disappear, you might need to restart the HealthService on the affected agents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

G.R.V

Remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you.
May 18th, 2015 9:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics