The RPC server is unavailable while trying to take Remote Desktop of 2003 Server.
Dear AllRecently I am facing remote desktop login problem in on Windows 2003 Server.While I am enter user name and password server give me logon error."The system cannot log you on due to the following error:The RPC server is unavailable.Please try again or consult your system administrator.Kindly help me.........
September 24th, 2009 12:52am

Hi vijay,thank you for posting in windows forums, can you please tell us the source and destination you are trying to connect a) operating system b) network information c) did this worked before ? , what has recently changed d) are you able to ping to the destination server e) are these on same domain or on different domain ?sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2009 1:34am

I'm having the same issue occasionally but I've checked these services and they are all running.
November 2nd, 2010 7:17pm

Hi Michael, Try putting this registry key in your regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server Create a new kwy selecting Dword and name it as IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors now double click it and give a value as 1 Now try doing an RDP it should work for you . It should work for you . Windows Server System Administrator
August 8th, 2011 8:56am

Hi Michael, Try putting this registry key in your regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server Create a new kwy selecting Dword and name it as IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors now double click it and give a value as 1 Now try doing an RDP it should work for you . It should work for you . This issue is normally seen in 2003 servers and suggest using my fix only on 2003 servers. Senior Windows Server System Administrator
August 8th, 2011 8:56am

In case anyone comes upon this old thread...start LMHosts service.
August 18th, 2011 11:06pm

I dont think starting LMHosts service. will help .Windows Server System Administrator
August 19th, 2011 6:22am

I have the same error trying to remote desktop to a windows 2003 server. I can remote to the machine's local account, but not through the domain. I have tried everything in this thread, nothing has fixed it!
September 1st, 2011 11:19am

Just Restart the Netlogo & DNS client it work for temporary
September 8th, 2011 1:07pm

Hi Sam, what is the error message you get when you try to login with domain account ?Windows Server System Administrator
September 8th, 2011 9:21pm

This worked for me, Thanks a lot
December 8th, 2011 3:22am

Hi Singhpps which one worked for you ?Windows Server System Administrator
December 8th, 2011 8:53am

Excellent!
April 9th, 2012 5:18pm

Thanks this worked for us. (Editing the registry IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors)
July 25th, 2012 1:45pm

Hi Bobwheaties, Please consider voting and selecting option of Propose As Answer , as this helps others too.Windows Server System Administrator
July 26th, 2012 12:57am

Thanks this worked for us. (Editing the registry IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors) Please consider voting and selecting option of Propose As Answer , as this helps others too. Windows Server System Administrator
August 3rd, 2012 8:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics