The RPC server is unavailable while trying to take Remote Desktop of 2003 Server.
Dear AllRecently I am facing remote desktop login problem in on Windows 2003 Server.While I am enter user name and password server give me logon error."The system cannot log you on due to the following error:The RPC server is unavailable.Please try again or consult your system administrator.Kindly help me.........
September 24th, 2009 7:52am

Hi vijay,thank you for posting in windows forums, can you please tell us the source and destination you are trying to connect a) operating system b) network information c) did this worked before ? , what has recently changed d) are you able to ping to the destination server e) are these on same domain or on different domain ?sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2009 8:34am

Hi,Whenever u face such an issue...goto ur domain controller machine. Open up services.mschere u can check for two services :-1.Computer browser and2.Secondary logon.Somehow these two services might have stopped. Just restart these services n u will be able to login :)
September 30th, 2009 9:58am

Hi Goel,please remember RPC is service independent , it completely relies on IPC ( interprocess communication ) and developers uses this technology to develop stable client server applications which helps in calling different subroutines. And to answer your question , every service will be hosted by the SCM and SCM itself is a RPC server so falling back to different services ( computer broswer and secon logon) doesnt validate unless we have concrete technical evidence Remember service can either run in its own process or can be shared. So we need to check the components involved in the error sainath !analyze
October 2nd, 2009 4:16am

Hi, Whenever u face such an issue...goto ur domain controller machine. Open up services.msc here u can check for two services :- 1.Computer browser and 2.Secondary logon. Somehow these two services might have stopped. Just restart these services n u will be able to login :) Thanks, you saved my day! I had the same problem, then noticed that the Computer Browser service on my domain controller was down. Starting the service solved the problem.
November 9th, 2009 2:15pm

I'm having the same issue occasionally but I've checked these services and they are all running.
November 2nd, 2010 7:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics