The MSSQLSERVER service terminated unexpectedly.

HI Experts,

One of our PRD SQL service is getting restarted unexpectedly but SQL Agent is up and running during the same time SQL agent jobs are also running.

Source: MSSQLServer  ,Event ID: 19019:

The MSSQLSERVER service terminated unexpectedly.

Application Error:

Source : Application error : EventID : 1000

Faulting application name: sqlservr.exe, version: 2011.110.5058.0, time stamp: 0x53746e36

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18798, time stamp: 0x5507b864

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bda9d

Faulting process id: 0x2f64

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ae05212bc6aa

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 5ce90837-1b8c-11e5-a472-c81f66f432c7

__________________________________________________________________________________________

We have couple of jobs that pull data from Linked server from external sources DB2 and Oracle.

We have recently upgraded to SQL 2012 (inplace), seems after that we are facing issues and its sofrequently.

SQL dumps are also generated for some SP's which uses linked server , SQLdump log stating Execption_access_violation.

today we found some more information before SQL gettign restarted for COMP Plus, please find the below error message.

Source : Complus EventID : 4786

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below.

Component Prog ID: SC.Pool 76 0

Method Name: IDispenserDriver::CreateResource

Process Name: sqlservr.exe

Exception: C0000005

Address: 0x0000000077A5105C

Could you please assist us on this and guide me on how fix this issue.

Adding to this, Version of SQL is :

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64)   May 14 2014 18:34:29   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

June 26th, 2015 7:01am

HI Experts,

Could you please help me to fix this..or share any idea on how to investigate further..

is there any way to find whether Oracle client or IBM Iseries client coniguration or settings caused issue.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2015 10:05am

It would seem that this is an Application Crash (SQL Server is crashing).

Is there anything in the SQL Server Logs that could help explain what is happening?

June 26th, 2015 10:18am

>We have couple of jobs that pull data from Linked server from external sources DB2 and Oracle.

It's likely a failure in a 3rd party in-proc OleDB provider that you are using.  Exactly which OleDB providers are you using?

David

June 26th, 2015 10:28am

I concur with David its the Linked server provider which is causing the issue can you post output of

select * from sys.dm_os_loaded_modules

June 26th, 2015 10:31am

>We have couple of jobs that pull data from Linked server from external sources DB2 and Oracle.

It's likely a failure in a 3rd party in-proc OleDB provider that you are using.  Exactly which OleDB providers are you using?

June 26th, 2015 10:32am

In addition to the other replies: is it possible, as a test, to reconfigure these providers to go out-of-proc instead of in-proc?
June 26th, 2015 11:34am

SQL dumps are also generated for some SP's which uses linked server , SQLdump log stating Execption_access_violation.
if you can share dump, I can have a look. based on my little experience with such issues, mostly its due to 3rd party provider and you may need to check with them or run then out-of-process.
June 26th, 2015 12:19pm

Seems more of an application issue. Was there any issues with the TEMPDB?

Can you please share the event viewer details if any.

June 27th, 2015 11:37pm

Thanks for the reply Pradyothana,

We had an IO issue on TempDB earlier , but we had moved to SSD"s so i believe it should not be an issue now.

June 30th, 2015 9:38am

Thanks for the Reply Balmukund,

I will share you SQL Dump . need to check and get approval for this..

Good to see your quick response for queries as always really appreciate it

June 30th, 2015 9:42am

Hi Experts,

I am so sorry for not replying for your valuable response, i was out of station ...

Today issue has reproduced again with below error.

SQL Server is terminating because of fatal exception c0000005. This error may be caused by an unhandled Win32 or C++ exception, or by an access violation encountered during exception handling. Check the SQL error log for any related stack dumps or messages. This exception forces SQL Server to shutdown. To recover from this error, restart the server (unless SQLAgent is configured to auto restart).

Please assist me.

June 30th, 2015 9:52am

Thanks for your Inputs David & Tony,

We have not upgraded DB2 or Oracle drivers to suit SQL 2012.

Do we have different drivers for DB2 and Oracle for SQL 2012 comptability.

Sure i will definelty check on this, this is not reproducing in lower environments, but in PRD we have more data so it may be reproducing ..i will di in this way..again thanks for your suggestions.

June 30th, 2015 9:58am

HI Balmukund,

I have shared the SQL Dump files.

Please let me know if you need any information.

July 3rd, 2015 10:10am

1)      Update the MSVBVM60.dll to latest version. I checked our server and we have a version of 6.0.97.82 of the msvbvm60.dll  and they suggest to update it like below from a licensed version of the Vista machine. In my XP pro machine I have the version 6.0.98.2. 

2)      Modify the stored procedure to run the dll in its own process 
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa238863(SQL.80).aspx

Refer 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/ea05a4e1-dfea-4293-ac45-85a9ea949832/sql-server-2008-is-terminating-because-of-fatal-exception-c0000005?forum=sqldatabaseengine

July 5th, 2015 12:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics