The Kerberos subsystem encountered an error.
Hi All, We're on 2008. I'm trying to set up dynamic security. Browsing the cube using current user or the newly defined role, everything works fine. Once I try to browse the cube using user's credentials, I get the following error: =================================== The following system error occurred: The Kerberos subsystem encountered an error. A service for user protocol request was made against a domain controller which does not support service for user. . (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services) ------------------------------ Program Location: at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.CreateSession(Boolean sendNamespaceCompatibility) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open() at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Browse.ConnectionsManagerBase.Connect() at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Browse.CubeBrowser.ConnectionsManager.Connect() at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Browse.CubeBrowser..ctor(String nameOfCube, Object cube, IServiceProvider iserviceProvider, DesignerPageRelevantData designerPageRelevantData, UserContextData securityContextData) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Browse.CubeBrowserHostControl.CreateBrowser() at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Browse.BrowserHostControl.LoadBrowser() I've set this up at another customer in the same way and it works fine. Any idea's what could cause this behaviuor ? Kind regards, CeesPlease remember to mark the replies as answers or at least vote helpfull if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
June 28th, 2010 3:28pm

Hi, Is there any Windows 2000 Server domain controller in the domain? Service for user (S4U) is a Kerberos extension introduced in Windows Server 2003. According to the error message, it seems that it is using a domain controller running Windows 2000 Server as KDC server , which does not support S4U. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2010 9:30am

Hi Joson, Facing the fact that this is not really my piece of cake, I handed over your suggestions to the customers IT dept. Once solved. I'll get back with further details. For now, I'll close the post. Thanks for your time and suggestion. Kind regards, Cees Please remember to mark the replies as answers or at least vote helpfull if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
July 6th, 2010 5:51pm

Hello Cees, Any progress on this problem? I seem to be having the same problem. Greetings, Erwin Velthuis
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2010 10:23am

I am also facing same issue. Is there any solution for this at all? Thans in advance. Regards, Kishore
February 3rd, 2012 9:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics