Testing Network Perfromance : NTttcp & PCAttcp ?
Howdy OS = Windows 2008 NTttcp = 3.0 Is there any way the NTttcp(r) will accept input from multiple sources like PCAttcp? Testing NTttcp seems at best to be able to Send/Receive performance tests 1:1 i.e one sender and one receiver Send/Receive performance tests n:1 i.e multiple senders on the same server each going to individual receivers. It appears that it cannot receive from multiple sources at the same time According to Notes that are included in the package this capability is not listed and doesn't appear to work if you model the NTttcp switches on the multiple sender mode. The not listing this function implies that this service is not available. Alternatively the other method would be to run more than one NTttcpr instance at the same time. This way you should be able to get an estimate of network performance by running several 1:1 NTttcp sessions. This will not work either because you can only have one instance of NTttcp running at one time. Running two executables from different locations on the same server at the same doesn't work either. The only way I can see avoiding this limitation is to use PCAttcp where this functionality is part of the app.
December 31st, 2010 12:07am

Personally I use jperf to test network throughput. It is a client/server type application with a very small footprint. I believe there is a command line version as well called iperf if you can't run java on the machines for jperf's small gui. I have found it to be very effective for quick tests.Matt W. CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, A+
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 5th, 2011 5:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics