Terminal Server (Windows Server 2008 SP2) stops responding as multiple services timeout
Hey everyone, I have now seen this issue happen on multiple Windows Server 2008 Terminal server setups. The services that time out are not exactly the same across all the servers, but a number of them are the same on all of them. Here are the lists of services that timed out on one of these servers, along with the time it happened. 80237AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AudioEndpointBuilder service. 80307AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service. 80237AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CertPropSvc service. 80407AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CryptSvc service. 80437AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service. 80507AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service. 80537AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the RasMan service. 80607AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service. 80637AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the seclogon service. 80707AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service. 80737AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service. 80807AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UxSms service. 80837AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WinVNC4 service. 80851AM - The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. 80907AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WPDBusEnum service. 80938AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the wuauserv service. 81008AM - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service. In the end, the server has to be restarted for us to access it and for users to connect to it. Doing some research, I cam across this KB article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972596/), but not sure if it applies to this situation. I have seen other people post about this issue, but haven't come across anything that states the cause and resolution. Has anyone else faced this or is facing it at the moment? Any tips or suggestions would be great! Thanks a lot! Warm regards, Sri
July 26th, 2011 8:16pm

Hello, as you are talking about Remote Desktop services please use the following forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverTS/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2011 3:52pm

Hi Meinolf, While users do remote connect to this server, I don't think this is an issue purely related to Remote Desktop services alone. The only reason I highlighted "80851AM - The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client." is to make sure that it stands apart from everything else that is happening with the services. At this time, I am more of the opinion that this is an issue with Windows Server 2008 (SP2) itself rather than the Remote Desktop Services Role. The services I have listed above apply to the server as a whole and not a particular role. Therefore, I don't think this topic should be closed off. Thanks. Sri
July 27th, 2011 6:52pm

Hi Sri, First please have a look on this page and try the guide to troubleshoot this issue. Let us know if there is any error occurs: Remote Desktop disconnected or can’t connect to remote computer or Remote Desktop server (Terminal Server) that is running Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2477133TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
August 2nd, 2011 2:32am

Hi Shaon, The issue that I have posted here is not necessarily a Remote Desktop issue. The only reason I posted it here is because this Windows Server is configured with Remote Desktop Services. I did have a look at the link you posted, but that seems to troubleshoot RDP issues. I am more interested in why all those services are timing out, which is caused by something, which I am yet to figure out. Thanks. Sri
August 2nd, 2011 2:58am

Did you ever find any resolution to this issue we recently had from what I have found so far the same issue occur? Thanks, Adam
September 21st, 2011 9:57am

We are experiencing the same issue on one terminal server in a farm where there is one identical terminal server without this problem. I've noticed the following article: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/77a521a1-e3d5-4ab2-9c0f-be4a5498ce1c/ where the same issue is adressed. The proposed solutions however (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972596/) has no positive feedback. Does anyone have experience with the proposed solution? Unfortunately I'm not able to test because the only TS experiencing this problem is a live one.
October 20th, 2011 10:52am

Any update to this? We're experiencing the same issue also. Two different terminal servers.
October 27th, 2011 11:39am

Did anybody got the solution ? ThanksAnsar
July 19th, 2012 10:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics