Taskbar Settings still displays Control Panel Display mode
Even with providing SP1, Microsoft missed the chance to fix the Taskbar Setting bug causing the Taskbar Control Panel menu item not to display its children while this setting is selected by default in Taskbar Settings - Advanced. Vote here for a Microsoft Connect feedback channel on Windows - and win a better Windows!
May 21st, 2011 7:12am

Hi BetterToday, could you be more specific about the issue? Do you mean an issue with jumplist? Also, do you mean "Customize" in Notification area under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" (Taskbar Settings - Advanced)? I can help to check if this is already reported as a bug. If this can be repro, I'll try to report this. Thanks.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 23rd, 2011 3:39am

Hi Sean, thanks for replying. Please apologize me letting you wait this long for an answer. I had to get back to my computer where I've installed a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM to create a screenshot demonstrating the problem. As you can see in the following screenshot (I'm afraid I can only provide you with a German version of the screenshot), the default setting of how to list the Control Panel applets in the Start menu of Windows Server 2008 R2 is set to "Show as menu" while the actual Start menu's Control Panel item is not displayed as a sub menu item. It's missing the little black arrow to the right. Best regards, Axel Dahmen www.axeldahmen.de Vote here for a Microsoft Connect feedback channel on Windows - and win a better Windows!
May 30th, 2011 5:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics