Task Scheduler failed to start - Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943785
Hi, Scheduled job failes with the below error message. "Task Scheduler failed to start "\<task.name>" task for user "<domain\username>". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943785." Last logon Result; Logon failure:the user has not been granted requested logon type at thi computer. (0x80070569). Could any help me fix this. ThanksMahesh
April 4th, 2012 1:21pm

Hi This problem may occur if the task account doesnt have "logon as a batch job" privilege. Click Start, type "gpedit.msc", try to configure the following policy: [Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment] -Log on as a batch job. Add the domain\username account and any others you may need. Retry the task. If you find you can't change the security options locally then there might be a group policy that is setting this at the domain or ou level. CheersDouks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 4th, 2012 1:50pm

Hi This problem may occur if the task account doesnt have "logon as a batch job" privilege. Click Start, type "gpedit.msc", try to configure the following policy: [Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment] -Log on as a batch job. Add the domain\username account and any others you may need. Retry the task. If you find you can't change the security options locally then there might be a group policy that is setting this at the domain or ou level. CheersDouks
April 4th, 2012 8:41pm

Hello, As some supplements to Douks's reply, I also found that this error might occur when the security policy settings prevent the user from logging on using a local user account. Open gpedit.msc, Admin tools -> Local Security Policy -> User rights Assignnment -> Allow Local login. Please add the account that you configured for the task. Please try and let us know the result. Thanks Zhang
April 4th, 2012 11:51pm

Thanks for your informartion @ Douks & Zhang I will try as you have mentioned and let you know the result Thanks in advance.Mahesh
April 5th, 2012 2:17am

Hello, As some supplements to Douks's reply, I also found that this error might occur when the security policy settings prevent the user from logging on using a local user account. Open gpedit.msc, Admin tools -> Local Security Policy -> User rights Assignnment -> Allow Local login. Please add the account that you configured for the task. Please try and let us know the result. Thanks Zhang
April 5th, 2012 6:41am

It worked like a charm.. Thanks for both of your help :) Mahesh
April 11th, 2012 2:49am

hi to all, i have the same issue but i run it with enterprise admin user.i check "log on as batch job rights" and administrators are configured.need help, ty Julia
June 19th, 2012 8:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics