Task Scheduler Error Message

In setting up a new task running on our Windows 2008 R2 server I get this error message: An error has occurred for task TEST error message: the following error was reported: 2147943729.

I have searched all over for this specific error code but no hits. Anyone knows how I can get more info?

Thanks!

August 15th, 2013 11:50am

error message: the following error was reported: 2147943729.

Which user account did you specify to run the task ? a domain user account ? If your answer is Yes, please check whether that account is locked out.

I have seen this error recently, in my case I was using a domain service account to run the task and it was locked out !

Unlocking the account fixed problem for me.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2013 1:39pm

Hi,

Yes, but I know 100% that the account is not locked out since I use it on another machine (Windows XP) where it's running tasks right now without problems.

So, there must be another explanation.

I also would like to know how I can translate the error message string into the corresponding hexadecimal code.

Thanks!

August 15th, 2013 2:00pm

I also would like to know how I can translate the error message string into the corresponding hexadecimal code.

You can use calculator to convert the decimal codes to hex codes. In the view, select Programmer

Dec = 2147943729 , Hex = 80070531

When you convert that to word, that would be 1329

You can use below command to translate the error message

>net helpmsg word

C:\Users\Santosh>net helpmsg 1329

This user isn't allowed to sign in to this computer.

So, check whether the service account used for running task has log on rights on the server. Also make sure, the account has rights to log on as batch job.

And sorry, the error which I had was similar one but not the one which you have mentioned.

August 15th, 2013 2:30pm

Hello, I got a question: How you Convert Hex to word (80070531-->1329)

October 30th, 2014 7:12am

I got this error 2147943729 when we use allowed workstation on the service account i was trying to use. My account had no permissions on the server i tried to setup the task on. I added the server to logon servers on the service account and it worked after that.
June 10th, 2015 2:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics