Task Scheduler : this operation requires an interactive window station.
Hi Experts, We have recently moved our applications to the new windoes 2008 server and have scheduled the console applications to run at different time under Task Scheduler. I am facing an issue with one of the many applications configured under teh Task Scheduler. When i run teh application directly, it works fine but when i try to initiate the run action under teh task scheduler i get teh following errors: Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx}" of "\Application" task for user "User\Name" . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943859. Task Scheduler failed to launch action "D:\Apps\EXE\Application.exe" in instance "{xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx}" of task "\Application". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943859. Not sure why is this happening for one particular application. My collegue also saw the error saying : this operation requires an interactive window station. Please suggest a solution. Thanks!
March 14th, 2011 4:13pm

Hi, I am able to resolve the issue by changing the properties of the task to run with highest privileges. The program now works without issue when running via task scheduler. Thanks! Namita
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 15th, 2011 12:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics