Task Scheduler - Can't Send Email
I can't seem to get the email alert working from Event Viewer on Windows 2008. As a test, I stopped the Print Spooler service and then from the Event Viewer, located that event and then with the right-click, I selected "Attach Task To This Event" from the context menu. I completed the wizard. Started the spooler and stopped it again. No email alert. The history of the task showed: 202, Action Failed, Run Failure. The general tab shows: Task Scheduler failed to complete task "\Event Viewer Tasks\System_Service Control Manager_7036" , instance "{de23f633-a531-4f21-815e-52630c7fccce}" , action "spooler stopped! test test" . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147746321. What is this 2147746321? Note: I am running Windows 2008 SP2. Server is part of a domain. The email alert is routed thru one of my Exch 2007 Hub servers. Exchange logs show no indication that the message was received by Exch so the message never left the server. From this Win2K8 server, when I manually run telnet into the hub on 25, I am able to send a test message from that local host. So connectivity into Exch from that server is good. Has anyone come across this before? Thanks, -Dave
February 1st, 2011 9:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics