Target name resolution error
In Servers --- all servers I get a target name resolution error configuration refresh failed with the following error: the metadata failed to be retrieved from the server with the following error: the WinRM client cannot process the request because the server name cannot be resolved Any Ideas I tried to add a VM to the servers in the server manager.
September 8th, 2012 5:17am

It could be DNS issue. Any errors when running nslookup?Bob Lin, MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.howtonetworking.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2012 5:54am

Bob is correct, based on the error message it is a DNS issue. Any news on this issue? If you are getting the error for all servers, the problem is likely related to the DNS server settings on the NIC. Check these to make sure they are correct. -Greg
September 11th, 2012 9:25pm

Hi, Try with the IP address...if you are able to connect... then the issue with DNS !!!
September 11th, 2012 11:10pm

same here- if using AD, "target name resolution error" if added using IP/DNS, "Kerberos target resolution error" same AD domain, same DNS domain, can resolve each other by nslookup, find each other in 'add servers' by AD and DNS/IP, etc. Refresh fails after adding, too. both come up as online and have remote management installed. All fixes say to ensure DNS is working. It is - now what? Nothing in documentation...
April 5th, 2013 10:28pm

I had the same problem with a build I did. To resolve the problem I reconfigured the network interface cards (NIC) so that each NIC could communication with the correct network. I'm fairly certain that the network interface cards are not configured correctly. Mark R Bracking
April 7th, 2013 7:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics