Target Principal Name is incorrect
I have two DCs in domain: BMSI.ORG: DC1 and DC2 On DC2 I have the following symptoms: 1. When I look at the operation masters option for the BMSI.ORG domain: I see "ERROR" in the operations master field for the RID, PDC, I/S tabs. 2. When I try to replicate using AD Sites and Services: I recv error: the target principal name is incorrect. 3. Under DNS I have a RED X for the other DC (DC1). It sees itself fine. On DC1 the operation masters all are filled with dc1.bmsi.org and ok. Pls help. I don't understand what has happened.
February 15th, 2010 8:29pm

Please post a complete dcdiag /v and ipconfig /all from dc1 and dc2Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2010 6:57am

You need to reset secure communication channel with netdom utility. Vijay Vadher MCSE
February 16th, 2010 10:43am

Can you pls provide the specific instructions to reset the secure comm with netdom. I just want to make sure I have them accurate and correct. Thx so much. Do I run netdom on the failing DC (in this case DC2)?
February 16th, 2010 4:04pm

really need this info asap. Can someone pls reply to my questions. thx much.
February 16th, 2010 7:37pm

HelloI requested :Please post a complete dcdiag /v and ipconfig /all from dc1 and dc2Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
February 16th, 2010 10:31pm

Run below both command seperately.May be it will help u to solve ur problem.Run both on DC1 netdom reset dc2 /domain:BMSI.ORG netdom resetpwd /s:dc2 /ud:BMSI.ORG\administrator /pd:* Thanks Vijay Vadher
February 17th, 2010 7:30am

Hi this is worked out for me thanks & Regrads Balamurugan S
March 14th, 2011 8:14am

I have the same issue, i try this, but it stll not working
April 22nd, 2011 12:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics