Tablix- Header is not repeating in some of of the pages in PDF in SSRS 2008 R2

I has developed one report in SSRS in SSRS 2008 R2 and when I preview the report in report viewer in all pages Report Header is repeating, whereas when I export the same report to PDF strange for some pages header is missing.

When I searched in google for SSRS 2008 Microsoft agreed that it is a bug and they provided the hotfix. And this hotfix is not working for SSRS 2008 R2 as it is a higher edition but still I facing the same issue.

Please let us know have anyone faced this and how you resolved.

August 26th, 2015 5:15am

Hi Kartheek,

Did you follow the below steps

1.    In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)  
2.  Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy
3.  In the properties grid, set RepeatOnNewPage to true 
4. KeepwithGroup to After

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 5:20am

To add to the above post, have a look at the below MSDN article to know about repeating headers in multiple pages:

How to: Display Row and Column Headers on Multiple Pages (Report Builder 3.0 and SSRS)

Hope this help

August 26th, 2015 1:05pm

Thanks Milan,

I followed same steps still I facing the issue and after further analysis I observed that if one of the column in report has large character data which is splitting into multiple page and this is causing issue and I tried to limit the size of that column to 200 characters and again I ecxported to PDF. Now it is working fine as expected.

August 26th, 2015 10:06pm

Yes .Kartheek you are right report columns can grow dynamically and you should truncate or wrap it so that it gets exported in proper format.

August 26th, 2015 10:10pm

Hi Kartheek, 

Thank you for your question.  

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Thanks,
Shrek Li

August 26th, 2015 10:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics