Table permissions
How do I grant a user permissions to only one table in a database.  How would it affect him using our Main App which is NAV with regards to his user's permission in NAV
July 27th, 2015 9:22pm

Hello Anthony,

You can assign permissions with a grant command; see GRANT (Transact-SQL)

GRANT SELECT ON [dbo].[TableName] TO [DatabaseUserName];

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2015 2:49am

Hi Anthony,

When saying "grant a user permissions to only one table in a database.", if the user mentioned means the user in SQL Server, to limit the user permissions to only one table, you may have to create a dedicated LOGIN with the user assigned and GRANT permission following Olaf's suggestion. But I don't think this LOGIN making sense in your application, for the LOGIN can do nothing but query the permission granted table.

So I suppose you mean the user in your application, then it has not much to do with SQL Server. Every user in your case should connect to SQL Server with one same LOGIN probably so they have the same permissions to the application tables. To manage the permission, based on my experience, you should create various of roles in your application and assign the users with proper roles. When user access to your application, the NAV should be loading dynamically based on the roles the user assigned.

If you have any question, feel free to let me
July 29th, 2015 2:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics