TSMMC saved to desk gives access denied.
As a non-privledged user I can run MMC and add the snapin for Remote Desktops. I can add servers to the list and access them. I exited and saved it on my desktop. If I try to run it again, I get Access Denied. However, If I save it to either a sharedrive (mapped drive) or to MyDocuments (Redirected via GPO) and execute it, it runs fine. I can create a shortcut on my desktop to these remote locations where TSMMC is stored and all works well. System is a Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server and is running within a Hyper-V host. The desktop is also a redirected location but the location is the same as MyDocs. Anyone have any ideas, solutions or suggestions? Thanks for the help, Bob.
February 10th, 2011 1:37pm

Hi, Can you post the Access Denied error event log or event ID to here. Whether other users or PC also have this issue.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2011 11:02pm

Hi Bob, Have you tried connecting using Remote Desktop Connection to connect the server? If not, try that (logging in with a domain admin account) and see whether you can't administer the servers remotely that way. If you still can't, then I suspect you have some kind of policy or GPO preventing the access. Please also post the Access Denied error logs or event ID to here. Thanks! Technology changes life
February 19th, 2011 2:20am

Hi, Can you post the Access Denied error event log or event ID to here. Whether other users or PC also have this issue. There are not any entries in any of the logs indicating the failure. I even went as far as clear the logs on the server and attempt the process again with the same results and no log entry. Funny thing is, is that I can run MMC, add the snap in for say Remote Desktop, add a server, access the server etc. Then when I SAVEAS and drop it on my desktop, I get the MMC error "Access is Denied" Bob
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2011 3:25pm

Hi Bob, Have you tried connecting using Remote Desktop Connection to connect the server? If not, try that (logging in with a domain admin account) and see whether you can't administer the servers remotely that way. If you still can't, then I suspect you have some kind of policy or GPO preventing the access. Please also post the Access Denied error logs or event ID to here. Thanks! Technology changes life…… Yes, I can RDP to the servers and admin them. I can't find any entry in the logs to display. Please review reply to HORIZONSKY. Thanks Bob
February 22nd, 2011 3:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics